Gremlins, Inc. is designed for up to 6 players, in multiplayer or in single-player mode (with AI bots). Each player has 6 cards on their hand (replenished from the same deck) and uses them either to move around the playing field or to perform different game actions. There is a lot of interaction with other players, and duels are significantly different from 3-player or 4-player games. You can play until a certain score limit, or until agreed number of rounds, or for time limit. The game offers both custom and ranked sessions (with matchmaking by rating).
MAKE DECISIONS, PLAN YOUR MOVES
- This is an intense strategy game: make decisions at every round! Plan your moves, then adjust to the actions of the other players and new cards drawn.
- The design of the playing field and the multiple layers of optional features (that you can turn on or off, as you wish) allow for a variety of strategies. The more you play, the more roads to victory you discover, using a combination of features based on the particular setup of the session.
- The game offers a diverse resource system that allows for many comeback chances even after you're robbed or arrested (or both). With score, money, votes, malice, income and bribes, the tension often remains until the very last round.
- The multilayer mode of the game features a system of ratings, ladders and ranked sessions: compete in a specific league, and take part in the regularly organised tournaments with over 1 000 participants. A system of anonymous masks allows everyone to compete on equal terms in a ranked session.
- Every season since its release in 2016, the game receives FREE content and feature updates (balancing changes, new cards, new in-game items, new music). We are committed to continue developing this product – based on player feedback!
- Additionally, the game offers over 10 single-player challenges plus the option to create custom single-player sessions with different settings and a different mix of AI bots.
- Finally, there's the team mode where victory is determined not only by strategic skill, but also by communication and coordination of each team, which is an entirely different layer of game mechanics.
FACTS & FIGURES
- 185 cards in the main deck (149 of them – unique): permanent, regular, secret and criminal, each with a hand-drawn steampunk illustration; with each Season update, we keep adding several new cards to the deck.
- 39 events in the Misfortune deck: these are the special events triggered at certain moments in the game, and may affect the current standing of all players to a significant degree, especially when used on a specific opponent.
- 6 special Chaos Cards: this is an optional set of cards available to every player in the game; turn them on or off to change the dynamics of the session.
- 12 sets of Character Abilities: another optional feature that brings to the game special game mechanics unique to each character type; playing with these makes different competing strategies even more pronounced.
- 11 original locations: the Office, the Plant, the Dump, the Marketplace, the Inferno, the Jail, the Casino, the Court, the Treasure, the Bank and the Astral Plane; and 7 original spot types: Risk, Gamble, Police, Income, Bribe, Misfortune and Tribune.
- 2 distinctly different playing fields: The Clockwork Town and The Clockwork Colony, each offering strategic challenges of their own.